Your source for the year’s hottest news in food, nutrition and health
Journalists are invited to join us for NUTRITION 2023, the annual flagship meeting of the American Society for Nutrition and your source for the latest nutrition research and news. Attend in Boston July 22–25 or access our virtual newsroom to get the latest news from anywhere!
Apply for a Press Pass
Qualifying journalists receive:
- A press badge granting entry to all in-person meeting sessions in Boston
- Early access to embargoed materials featuring high-impact research
- Personal introductions for one-on-one interviews with featured scientists
Can’t travel to Boston? With a press pass, you can still be part of the action with access to embargoed press materials.
Ready to register? Here’s how:
Step 1: Check our Media Policies to make sure you qualify for a press pass.
Step 2: Complete our Press Registration Form and submit your credentials.
Step 3: Look for a confirmation email with instructions on how to plan your experience and access press materials.
For the privacy and convenience of NUTRITION 2023 attendees, the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) requires compliance with these media policies.
Complimentary press passes for NUTRITION 2023 are available to journalists representing media organizations as well as bloggers and freelance journalists covering nutrition-related topics. Representatives of scientific journals are eligible for a press pass if they write or edit the journal’s news section.
Applying for a press pass will require submitting one of the following:
- Confirmation that you have reporter access to EurekAlert! Science News (register).
- Two recent examples of bylined work or blog posts representing the type of news coverage you expect to generate by attending NUTRITION 2023.
- A letter of assignment from the publication or broadcast outlet that you will represent at the meeting.
Approved applicants will receive a complimentary press pass to attend NUTRITION 2023. This includes a press badge granting entry to the in-person meeting and electronic access to embargoed press materials.
Information provided by media registrants is considered private and will not be shared outside of ASN without explicit permission from the registrant.
For the convenience of journalists following NUTRITION 2023, we are pleased to display press releases from corporate and institutional attendees in the meeting’s Virtual Newsroom. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have a EurekAlert! PIO subscription. Simply upload your release onto EurekAlert! and tag it with NUTRITION 2023. Be sure to link your social media to the meeting with the hashtag #NUTRITION2023.
An embargo means that information and data pertaining to research presented at NUTRITION 2023 may not be announced, publicized or distributed by parties other than NUTRITION 2023 organizers before the embargo date and time.
Reporters, bloggers, researchers and public information officers are required to abide by the following embargo policies:
- Meeting Abstracts: Accepted abstracts are embargoed until the beginning of the first session in which they are presented, unless otherwise specified.
- Press Materials: NUTRITION 2023 organizers may release additional information about selected abstracts to the press ahead of the meeting, such as quotes, multimedia, and additional data and background about the research. All information beyond what is published in the abstract itself is embargoed until the date listed on these press materials. Information that appears in the abstract itself falls under the “NUTRITION 2023 Meeting Abstracts” policy above.
Promotion of general topics, speakers or presentation times is allowed and encouraged as long as specific findings and data to be presented are not included in the announcement. Use the hashtag #NUTRITION2023 to join the online conversation.
Press pass holders are required to comply with the meeting policies that apply to all NUTRITION 2023 attendees. Please review our Meeting Policies for guidance on appropriate conduct, photography and recording, social media, children and other considerations.
Announcements and press releases will be posted here and in our Virtual Newsroom as they become public.
- Program Announced for NUTRITION 2023 to be held July 22–25 in Boston
- Press passes now available for NUTRITION 2023 to be held July 22–25 in Boston
To access embargoed materials, please visit our Virtual Newsroom (requires reporter login) or apply for a press pass.
Want a preview of the types of high-impact stories you’ll find at NUTRITION 2023? News from last year’s meeting, NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE, offers a taste of what to expect.
Here are a few helpful resources to stay up to date on nutrition news year-round:
- Subscribe for email updates on flagship meetings of the American Society for Nutrition
- Visit the ASN newsroom page for updates on our programs, publications and advocacy
- Explore research from ASN journals for new research findings throughout the year
Our media team will be happy to connect you with sources and nutrition experts before, during and after the meeting.
Media Liaison (919) 617-1330 (mobile)