At the American Society for Nutrition Foundation, we believe that evidence-based nutrition science is the cornerstone to human health and wellness. We strive to enhance and complement the activities of our professional Society as it approaches its 100th Anniversary in 2028 through visionary, impactful and sustainable goals and initiatives.
Serving Our Society and the Field
Our Foundation expands financial resources to meet member needs, drives interest in nutrition-related careers, supports students and early-career professionals, and increases the skills, infrastructure, and resources of investigators, practitioners and institutions worldwide.
Turning challenges into opportunities for support
With the launch of our 2023-2028 Strategic Plan, we will continue to build on the ASN Foundation’s strong history of ongoing and new initiatives to sustain future generations including:
- Providing much needed annual Awards and Scholarships to the diverse spectrum of ASN members from students to lifelong investigators;
- Expanding ongoing programs to support the growth of underrepresented groups and ensure appropriate inclusion across ASN;
- Recognizing lifelong accomplishments and contributions of nutrition’s luminaires from around the globe;
- Expanding nutrition science’s evidence base to help bridge gaps in knowledge and its translation;
- Implementation of the recommendations and outcomes from ASN’s “Ensuring Trust in Nutrition Science,” an initiative to enhance the quality and credibility of nutrition research in both the scientific community and the public sector.
Get the latest news and stories on the Foundation’s impact thanks to generous donors like you.
Join us in creating the future of nutrition!
Creating the Future of Nutrition
To generate opportunities and investments that propel the future of nutrition science and wellbeing through partnerships, cultivation, and stewardship of funds.
Meet the Board of Trustees
Catherine E. Woteki, PhD
Iowa State University
Jamy D. Ard, MD
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Beate Lloyd, PhD, RD, LD
Health Strategies & Food Solutions LLC
Jan-Willem van Klinken, MD, PhD, MS, FACN
Yvonne Maddox, PhD
Stephanie Ann Atkinson, PhD, DSc (Hon), FCAHS, FASN, FCNS-SC
Mary Ann Johnson, PhD
University of Nebraska Lincoln
Sabrina Sales Martinez, MS, PhD, RDN
Florida International University
Sally J. Rockey, PhD
ASN Foundation relies on annual contributions to achieve its mission.