Generate opportunities and investments that propel the future of nutrition science and wellbeing through partnerships, cultivation, and stewardship of funds.
Creating the Future of Nutrition
To generate opportunities and investments that propel the future of nutrition science and wellbeing through partnerships, cultivation, and stewardship of funds.
Strategic Priority 1
Support innovative nutrition science to generate translatable knowledge that will change how nutrition is applied to improve health of people and our planet.
- Increase the number and diversity of nutrition scientists and practitioners with excellent training.
- Strategically prioritize and fund fundamental and applied research.
- Increase research funding by other entities.
- Prevent and strategically respond to attacks on nutrition science.
Strategic Priority 2
Trigger evidence-based changes to food and health systems to enhance public health and to prevent and manage disease.
- Support ASN efforts to decrease misinformation, increase transparency and amplify science-based information related to food systems, food security and the role of nutrition in health promotion and disease prevention and management.
- Increase funding for innovative applications that make the healthy choice the easy choice at the individual and community levels.
- Increase funding for innovative applications to enhance public health and to prevent and manage disease through nutrition in the community and in healthcare systems.
- Assist ASN in furthering its policy goals and cultivate champions for nutrition in government and public sectors.
- Recognize positive actions and contributions of industry and build collaborations to address perception of lack of will and lack of trust.
Strategic Priority 3
Enhance operational effectiveness and raise funds to develop human capital, and support organizational goals related to nutrition science and related system changes.
- Generate funding for resources needed to implement strategic plan to achieve greatest impact.
- Enhance awareness and visibility of Foundation activities and goals.
- Support ASN’s Ensuring Trust in Nutrition Science initiative to help researchers achieve the best nutrition science that maintains scientific rigor and transparency while ultimately benefiting public and individual health.
- Strengthen the Foundation’s portfolio to better align need and donor interests and expectations.
- Collaborate with partner and like-minded organizations/stakeholders to grow reach and impact.
- Increase public visibility/perception of nutrition science careers to promote a sustainable workforce of the future.
ASN Foundation Core Values
We create opportunity through intelligent risk-taking and anticipatory thinking. We recognize and celebrate creativity and impact, and honor evidence-based exploration in nutrition and health. We are data driven.
Our work is rooted in ASN’s ethical guidance, integrity and transparency to build and maintain trust with ASN, its members, our partners, and the public.
Diverse and Inclusive
We strive to honor diversity of perspective, be broadly inclusive, and embrace equity, respect and representation in all we undertake.
By promoting the ASN Foundation we benefit ASN and its members and open future opportunities for nutrition science and practice.