Recognizing outstanding contributions to the nutrition community
Each year, ASN and ASN Foundation awards program honors scientists, clinicians and scholars for significant achievements in nutrition research, education, and practice.
The Call for Nominations for 2024 ASN Awards and the ASN Class of 2024 Fellows is open.
New applications/nominations deadline:
January 16, 2024, 11:59 PM ET
Award winners will be honored at NUTRITION 2024, June 29 – July 2, 2024, in Chicago, IL.
Scientists who have had distinguished careers in the field of nutrition and are at least sixtyfive years of age are eligible for consideration.
- George Bray Outstanding Scientific Achievements Award in Obesity Research
- Jean-Pierre Habicht Lifetime Achievements in Global Nutrition Award
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition Lifetime Achievement Award
- The EV McCollum International Lectureship in Nutrition
- ASN Foundation Mentorship Award
- Excellence in Nutrition Education Award
- Roland L Weinsier Award for Excellence in Medical/Dental Nutrition Education
- Haleon Consumer Healthcare Nutritional Sciences Award
- Conrad A Elvehjem Award for Public Service in Nutrition
- David Kritchevsky Career Achievement Award
- E. V. McCollum Award
- General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition Innovation Award
- Mary Swartz Rose Senior Investigator Award
- McCormick Science Institute Research Award
- Osborne and Mendel Award
- Robert H Herman Memorial Award
- ASN Industry Recognition Award
- ASN Volunteer of the Year Award
- Nutrition Society of Taiwan Award
- Korean Nutrition Society (KNS) Award
- Nevin Scrimshaw Mid-Career Award in Global Nutrition
- Bio-Serv Award in Experimental Animal Nutrition
- E.L.R. Stokstad Award
- Mary Swartz Rose Young Investigator Award
- Mead Johnson Award
- National Dairy Council Early Career Investigator Research Award
- Norman Kretchmer Memorial Award in Nutrition and Development
- Peter J. Reeds Young Investigator Award
- Samuel J. Fomon Young Physician Award
- Vernon Young International Award for Amino Acid Research
Fellowships, Scholarships and Funding Opportunities:
Award Competitions and Abstract Recognition Awards for Students and Young Investigators
Submit your research and participate in award competitions and get recognized with an abstract recognition award at NUTRITION 2024 in Chicago!
Earn honors to boost your CV by submitting your research!
Submit an abstract for NUTRITION 2024 to be considered for these special opportunities.
ASN membership is required to be eligible for NUTRITION 2024 award competitions and abstract recognition awards.
Click here to view complete information about abstract-based award competitions and abstract recognition awards.
Click here to learn more about NUTRITION 2024, ASN’s annual flagship meeting, which will be held June 29-July 2, 2024 in Chicago, IL.Learn more about Nutrition 2024
Opportunities include the following:
- Clinical Emerging Leader Award Competition
- DJPJ (Douglas J. Paddon-Jones) Trainee Achievement Awards
- Early Career Research Award Competition
- Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Poster Competition
- George Bray Obesity Research Student Awards
- Global Nutrition Early Career Scholar Award
- Graduate Student Research Award Competition
- Nutrition Translation Award Competition for Early Career Investigators
- Postdoctoral Research Award Competition
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition
- Student Interest Group (SIG) Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
- Young Investigators Underrepresented in Nutrition Award Competition
Diversity in Nutrition and Health Sciences
Join the ASN Foundation’s important effort.