To be inducted as a Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition is the highest honor that the Society bestows. Scientists who have had distinguished careers in the field of nutrition and are at least sixty-five years of age are eligible for consideration.
A Fellow is the highest honor ASN bestows, recognizing individuals for significant discoveries and distinguished careers in the field of nutrition.
Click here to view a historical list of Society Fellows. The Call for Applications for the ASN Class of 2022 Fellows will be announced in late 2021.
The ASN Class of 2021 Fellows
The ASN Class of 2021 Fellows will be recognized during NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE which will be held virtually from June 7-10, 2021. Members of this year’s class join more than 400 other ASN Fellows who have been recognized since the program began in 1952.
- Susan Carlson, PhD, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Michael Clandinin, PhD, University of Alberta
- Rebecca Costello, PhD, NIH Office of Dietary Supplements
- Teresa Davis, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Ralph Green, MD, PhD, University of California Davis
- Rachel Johnson, PhD, RD, University of Vermont
- Samuel Klein, MD, Washington University School of Medicine
- Martin Kohlmeier, MD, PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Mary R. L’Abbé, CM, PhD, University of Toronto
- Michael McBurney, PhD, University of Guelph
- David McCarron, MD, The Oregon Health and Sciences University (1977-2001) and University of California Davis (2001-2018)
- Neil Shay, PhD, Oregon State University
- Helmut Sies, MD, PhD, MD, FRCP, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
- Maret Traber, PhD, Linus Pauling Institute / Oregon State University
- Katherine Tucker, PhD, University of Massachusetts Lowell
Meet the 2021 Fellows
The ASN Class of 2020 Fellows
The ASN Class of 2020 Fellows was recognized during NUTRITION 2020 LIVE ONLINE and will be honored at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE which will be held virtually from June 7-10, 2021.
- Margaret (Peggy) Bentley, MA, PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Robert A. Burns, PhD, Indiana University Bloomington School of Public Health
- Naomi Fukagawa, MD, PhD, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Catherine A. Geissler, BDS, MS, PhD, King’s College, London
- Harry Lee Greene, MD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- William Harris, PhD, OmegaQuant
- Fatma Huffman, PhD, Florida International University
- Mindy Kurzer, PhD, University of Minnesota
- Daniel J. Raiten, PhD, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health
- Sachiko St. Jeor, PhD, University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine
- Judith Storch, PhD, Rutgers University
- Mary Story, PhD, Duke University
- Roger A. Sunde, PhD, University of Wisconsin
- Bruce A. Watkins, PhD, University of California, Davis
- Keith West, PhD, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
Meet the 2020 Fellows
To view past tribute videos presented at the Fellows, 50-Year Members and Past Presidents Luncheon, please visit the ASN YouTube Channel.
Our awards program would not be possible without the support of generous donors and sponsors. If interested in partnering with us to fund or develop an award, please contact Keith Dillon at email@example.com or 240-428-3601.