Thank you for connecting with us at ObesityWeek!
Get access to ASN’s resources related to obesity below.
Enter your email to stay connected with ASN and receive new resources, the latest nutrition research, and opportunities to get involved.
ASN’s Research Interest Section (RIS) focused on Obesity facilitates and promotes scientific exchange among ASN members who focus on research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of obesity.
This group actively integrates the disease of obesity within ASN’s programs promoting participation of nutrition and health professionals interested in obesity.Join ASN and Get Involved
Our understanding of obesity continues to evolve rapidly. The resources below demonstrate ASN’s dedication to investigating both the underlying causes of obesity as well as effective nutritional treatment strategies.
The articles will remain open to all readers regardless of subscription status until November 14, 2021:
The latest obesity research from ASN Journals
Free access through November 14, 2021!
Current Developments in Nutrition
- Ultra-Processing or Oral Processing? A Role for Energy Density and Eating Rate in Moderating Energy Intake from Processed Foods
- Time of Feeding Alters Obesity-Associated Parameters and Gut Bacterial Communities, but Not Fungal Populations, in C57BL/6 Male Mice
- The Healthy Children, Strong Families 2 (HCSF2) Randomized Controlled Trial Improved Healthy Behaviors in American Indian Families with Young Children
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Whole-Fat Dairy Products Do Not Adversely Affect Adiposity or Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Children in the Milky Way Study: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Pilot Study
- Breastfeeding and Risk of Overweight in Childhood and Beyond: A Systematic Review with Emphasis on Sibling-Pair and Intervention Studies
The Journal of Nutrition
- Avocado Consumption, Abdominal Adiposity, and Oral Glucose Tolerance among Persons with Overweight and Obesity
- Spices in a High-Saturated-Fat, High-Carbohydrate Meal Reduce Postprandial Proinflammatory Cytokine Secretion in Men with Overweight or Obesity: A 3-Period, Crossover, Randomized Controlled Trial
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Long-Term (R)-α-Lipoic Acid Supplementation Promotes Weight Loss in Overweight or Obese Adults without Altering Baseline Elevated Plasma Triglyceride Concentrations
Advances in Nutrition
- The Effect of Aerobic and Resistance Training and Combined Exercise Modalities on Subcutaneous Abdominal Fat: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials
- Whole-Fat or Reduced-Fat Dairy Product Intake, Adiposity, and Cardiometabolic Health in Children: A Systematic Review
- Food Groups and Risk of Overweight, Obesity, and Weight Gain: A Systematic Review and Dose-Response Meta-Analysis of Prospective Studies
George Bray Outstanding Scientific Achievements Award in Obesity Research Leadership
Listen or watch the award lecture from Nutrition 2021 Live Online free through November 12.
ASN on Demand
NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE sessions are now available on ASN on Demand.
ASN on Demand offers exceptional science, inspiring speakers, and need-to-know clinical information whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Access over 60 hours of the best science and latest clinical information at your convenience.Purchase Now
Conversations in Nutrition & Obesity Research
Get access to this webinar recording and learn from esteemed leaders in the field of nutrition and obesity research. They discuss their career paths, research contributions, and answer questions from attendees.Get Access
Recent Obesity Articles from the ASN Blog
- ASN Supports National Childhood Obesity Month
- Obesity and overweight during pregnancy reduces cord blood hepcidin
- ASN Supports Healthy Weight Week, January 24-30, 2021
- Is there a link between temporal dietary patterns and obesity?
- Food attributes: Why some foods may be better than others for satisfying hunger
- A simple dietary modification may help reduce liver disease in obese children
- Does consuming more lean unprocessed beef influence type 2 diabetes risk?
- Acute high-fat overfeeding elevates circulating hepatokines
- Adherence to sustainable dietary practices may help prevent future weight gain
- Internet Use and Obesity
- Intermittent energy restriction: a novel weight loss approach for adolescents
- Abdominal and Liver Fat – Does Diet Matter?