Terms and Conditions for Articles Published under the ASN Free Access Publishing Option
The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) Free Access publishing option is available to authors under one of the following 2 circumstances:
- the authors received support for their article from a funder mandating free access but not requiring the CCBY license;
- the authors do not have a funder mandate but simply wish to publish their article under a free access license.
In the first circumstance, ASN will deposit high-resolution files and the final version of the article in PubMedCentral (PMC) and will authorize public posting on PMC and PMC mirror sites immediately. Documents posted to PMC are protected by copyright and are posted to PMC by permission of ASN. Article files will also be freely available immediately upon publication on the journal websites. In the second circumstance, ASN will make the article freely accessible immediately upon publication via the journal website, but files will not be deposited in the PMC repository.
The following license terms apply to articles published under the ASN Free Access publishing option:
Users may access, download, copy, display, and redistribute article content as well as adapt, translate, text, and data mine content contained in the documents, for non-commercial purposes and subject to the following conditions:
- The original article must be credited.
- If the article includes content belonging to a third party, it is the obligation of the user to obtain required permissions from that third party.
- Any reuse or distribution of the article must include reference to the license terms of the article, such as by linking to this web page.
Translations must include the following notation, unless translation was prepared by ASN:
The translation of the original article was not produced or commissioned by the American Society for Nutrition. The American Society for Nutrition is not responsible for the completeness or the accuracy of the translation and is not liable for any mistakes in the translation. Readers are encouraged to refer to the original publication, cited in this footnote, to verify the accuracy of content.
Commercial uses include:
- Inclusion of content on websites that generate revenue through advertising, exploiting databases compiled from their traffic, ad- supported websites or any other means.
- Inclusion of article content on websites that impose an access fee, including through subscription or license.
- Use of article content by for-profit organizations.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author’s moral rights, if any.
Updated 27 February 2017
Contact ASN at email@example.com.