Call for Nominations is open and due Friday, October 9, 2020.
ASN is well-positioned to deliver the knowledge, engagement, and impact that will drive the organization and the field of nutrition science into the future as we pursue our vision of a healthier world through evidence-based nutrition. Qualified leaders are sought to serve on the Board of Directors and guide ASN’s path forward.
There are many benefits of serving as an ASN volunteer leader. This is your opportunity to:
· Play a significant role in advancing nutrition;
· Enhance the value of ASN to the nutrition community;
· Access timely information about the challenges and opportunities in the field of nutrition; and
· Exchange ideas and perspectives with other volunteer leaders.
The Nominating Committee has identified the following criteria that will guide the selection process for new Board members:
· Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with ASN and the nutrition community. Examples include but are not limited to: service to ASN and the ASN Foundation through publishing, education, science policy & advocacy, membership recruitment and retention, and through annual giving and volunteering.
· Recognized pre-eminent leader in the nutrition community.
· Visionary and strategic thinker. Examples include, but are not limited to: strategic thinking, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Positive leadership attributes; emotional intelligence; ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion.
· Commitment to participate in up to three in-person board meetings a year and conference calls as needed. ASN board members are asked to provide financial support through annual giving to the ASN Foundation.
At ASN, diversity and inclusion are part of our recipe for success. Together we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and supports all who are passionate about nutrition.
2021 Election to the Board of Directors
There are four open positions for the 2021 Election: Vice President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer-Elect and one Director At-Large position. The terms of office for all positions will begin July 1, 2021. Term length is included in the description for each position:
Nominations are due no later than 11:59 PM (EST), Friday, October 9, 2020. You may submit the form online below or dowhttps://media.nutrition.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ASN-2021-Call-for-Nomination-Fillable-Form-9.18.2020.pdfnload this PDF and email to Cecilia Fox (email@example.com). All candidates will be contacted by ASN’s Chief Executive Officer.
Vice President Elect
The Vice President Elect shall serve a term of one year. This person shall serve as a member of the ASN Board of Directors for a total of four years, holding each of the following offices for consecutive one-year terms: Vice President Elect; Vice President; President; and Past President. As President, this member shall serve as the Society’s chief elected officer and shall work closely with the chief executive officer and staff in formulating and advancing ASN programs for the benefit of our members and global stakeholders. The elected candidate serves a four-year term.
The ASN Secretary serves as the chief advocate for the ASN membership (all five current categories and any future new categories). As such, the Secretary liaises with the Membership Committee and other membership communities as requested by the Chief Executive. The Secretary shall serve a term of three years.
The Treasurer-Elect shall serve for one (1) year working closely with Treasurer in learning roles and responsibilities to ensure continuity. At the end of this term the Treasurer-Elect shall become Treasurer and serve for a three-year term as Treasurer.
Director At-Large, Nutrition Population Science
Nutrition Population Science members are involved in nutritional epidemiology and public health nutrition research. The members review how diet influences population health; the development and evaluation of nutritional strategies; and programs to improve public health. Their research covers nutrition-related factors that impact health, including individual behavior, environmental, social, and economic factors. The Director At-Large, Nutrition Population Science, shall serve a term of two years.