FAO Calls for Experts to Join Protein Quality Assessment Working Group
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) seeks CVs from experts interested in joining a working group to determine protein quality using the Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) in follow-up formula for young children and ready-to-use therapeuticfoods. A 4-day working group session will be held at the FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy on November 6-9, 2017 (all expenses covered by FAO). Please send CVs to Dr. Warren T.K. Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Cristiana Fusconi (email@example.com), by September 15th. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Advanced degree in nutrition science, food science, or related fields;
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and oral;
- Experience with in vitro/in vivo models/assays on the digestion and efficiency of utilization of protein and amino acids;
- Experience in research and application of the PDCAAS method in assessing protein quality in foods;
- Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals, in particular published in the past ten years;
- Ability to prepare scientific documents and to work in an international environment with scientists from various disciplines;
- Leadership, or invited participation, in national or international scientific bodies, committees and other expert advisory bodies pertinent to the scope of this work.
Detailed information is available here.