The role of gut microbiota in obesity, inflammation, Type II diabetes, and in health across individual lifespans and genotypes, is only beginning to be uncovered and this was a popular topic at ASN’s 2019 annual meeting, Nutrition.
As part of ASN’s monthly webcast series, the microbiome collection of sessions from Nutrition 2019 is available free of charge for the month of December 2019.
Topics covered in these educational sessions include:
- Human Milk Impacts the Infant Gut Microbiome through Interactions with bifidobacteria
- Milk Microbes: Determinants and Impact of Breast Milk Microbiota in the CHILD Cohort
- Diet Driven Evolution of an Epidemic Enteric Pathogen
- How Low Dietary Fiber, Gut Microbes and Host Genetics Conspire to Cause Colonic Inflammation
Listen to the discussion at Nutrition 2019 and learn from these presenters:
- David A. Sela, PhD, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Meghan B. Azad, PhD, Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba
- Robert A Britton, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Eric C. Martens, PhD, University of Michigan Medical School