Get the Latest on Precision Nutrition, Ultra-Processed Foods & More. View Registration Options.
The latest nutrition research and news — from the comfort of home
Join NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE and immerse yourself in today’s hottest topics in food, nutrition and health—all from the comfort of home!
Embargoed materials featuring high-impact research will be available in early June. Our media team will be happy to connect you with sources and nutrition experts before, during and after the meeting.
Apply for a Press Pass
Qualifying journalists are invited to attend and receive:
- Full, complimentary access to all virtual meeting sessions
- 24-hour access to two and a half days of live and pre-recorded content (access content during the meeting or on-demand through December 31, 2022)
- Opportunities to connect with a global community of nutrition experts
- Early access to embargoed materials featuring high-impact research
- Personal introductions for one-on-one interviews with featured scientists
Press pass holders receive full access to the virtual meeting and press materials. If you don’t have reporter access to EurekAlert!, we’ll send you the press materials via email.
Ready to register? Here’s how:
Step 1: Check our Media Policies to make sure you qualify for a press pass.
Step 2: Click the Apply Now button below and submit your credentials.
Step 3: Look for a confirmation email with instructions on how to plan your experience and access the meeting.
For the privacy and convenience of NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE attendees, the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) requires compliance with these media policies.
Complimentary press passes to NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE are available to journalists representing media organizations as well as bloggers and freelance journalists covering nutrition-related topics. Representatives of scientific journals are eligible for a press pass if they write or edit the journal’s news section.
Applying for a press pass will require submitting one of the following:
- Confirmation that you have reporter access to EurekAlert! Science News (register).
- Two recent examples of bylined work or blog posts representing the type of news coverage you expect to generate by attending NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE.
- A letter of assignment from the publication or broadcast outlet that you will represent at the meeting.
Approved applicants will receive a complimentary press pass to attend NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE. This includes full access to the virtual meeting and to embargoed materials in its virtual newsroom.
Information provided by media registrants is considered private and will not be shared outside of ASN without explicit permission from the registrant.
For the convenience of journalists following NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE, we are pleased to display press releases from corporate and institutional attendees in the meeting’s virtual newsroom. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have a EurekAlert! PIO subscription. Simply upload your release onto EurekAlert! and tag it with NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Link your social media to the meeting with the hashtag #NutritionLiveOnline.
An embargo means that information and data pertaining to research presented at NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE may not be announced, publicized or distributed by parties other than NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE organizers before the embargo date and time.
Reporters, bloggers, researchers and public information officers are required to abide by the following embargo policies:
Meeting Abstracts: Accepted abstracts are embargoed until their publication in Current Developments in Nutrition, their publication in the NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE meeting platform, or the beginning of the first session in which they are presented, whichever happens first.
Press Materials: NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE organizers may release additional information about selected abstracts to the press ahead of the meeting, such as quotes, multimedia, and additional data and background about the research. All information beyond what is published in the abstract itself is embargoed until the date listed on these press materials. Information that appears in the abstract itself falls under the “NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE Meeting Abstracts” policy above.
Promotion of general topics, speakers or presentation times is allowed and encouraged as long as specific findings and data to be presented are not included in the announcement. Use the hashtag #NutritionLiveOnline to join the online conversation.
If you have questions about the embargo policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials presented at the American Society of Nutrition’s (“ASN”) annual meeting, including all slides, written and oral presentations, posters, and other materials displayed, shown, or otherwise published during the ASN annual meeting and scientific sessions are protected by copyright and may not be publicly displayed or republished without the express written consent of the copyright owner, except as expressly provided in this Policy.
- Presenters and exhibitors at ASN sponsored meetings and events have the option to license their presentation material to attendees, and to ASN, to copy, distribute, display, build upon, and perform the work and make derivative works and remixes based on it only if they give the author or licensor (presenter) the credits (attribution) in the manner specified under a Creative Commons Attribution + Noncommercial + ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/)
- Presenters and exhibitors will be invited to display a set of icons to indicate to the audience whether photography/recording of the poster, presentation, or exhibit booth and sharing/remixing of the material is/is not permitted. To aid in this process, ASN will provide presenters with a digital graphic to incorporate into their slides/poster or to print and display. If you are presenting, use the links below to access the appropriate icon. The image will open in a new window. Right click on the image and select “save image as” to download.
- Camera with an X:Photography/recording/sharing/remixing/derivative works of the material are prohibited. All rights are reserved.
- CCBY-NC-SA icon/Camera with a Checkmark:Photography/recording of the material is permitted. This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator, as stated in CCBY-NC-SA 4.0 International, subject to commercial patents and trademarks, when applicable. If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.
- In the absence of a visible image/sign, photography, video and audio recording, and all other forms of recording of a presentation, poster, or exhibit booth are prohibited.
- Presenters are required to obtain permissions from all co-authors before selecting to capture/share the work described in the presentation. If all co-authors do not agree, the presentation must be marked as the Camera with an X. By displaying the CCBY icon, you signify that permissions have been obtained from all authors.
- Photography and recording of presentations and exhibits should not be disruptive. Only handheld devices are allowed. Flash photography is not permitted.
- Attendees are expected to abide by the request of the presenter or exhibitor as a matter of scientific and professional courtesy. Noncompliance with this policy may result in action by ASN, as they deem appropriate, up to and including removal from the meeting, without refund, and/or future ASN meetings.
Get Press Materials
Press pass holders will receive embargoed press materials ahead of the meeting. If you don’t have reporter access to EurekAlert!, we’ll send you the press materials via email.
Those with reporter access to EurekAlert! can explore press materials at our Virtual Newsroom in early June. Materials will become available to the public as embargoes lift.
News from NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE
Press passes now available for the year’s biggest virtual nutrition meeting
Announcing NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE
Get the latest nutrition news and research from the comfort of home
News from NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE
These highlights from 2021 offer a taste of what you’ll find at the American Society for Nutrition’s flagship meeting:
New Research Shows Trend Toward Unhealthy Eating During Pandemic
Study participants consumed more vegetables and whole grains before COVID-19 began
Study Compares Heart Benefits of Low-Fat and Plant-Centered Diets
New findings suggest that a plant-centered diet could help lower heart disease risk
When the Economy Goes Down, So Does the Quality of Our Diets
Study examining dietary trends during the Great Recession offers lessons for the COVID-19 era
Diets that Promote Inflammation Could Increase Breast Cancer Risk
Analysis of dietary patterns for over 350,000 women suggests eating more anti-inflammatory foods helps lower risk
How a Global Pandemic Changed the Way We Eat and Shop
Studies reveal how COVID-19 influenced food choices, attitudes and prices
Smartphone Use Associated with Unhealthy Eating and Overweight in Teens
More time online linked with less healthy behaviors in large study conducted in South Korea
How Kids Eat: Five New Insights on Daily Habits and Childhood Obesity
Studies reveal how family, social media and COVID-19 influence children’s diets and health
New Research Examines the Science Behind Superfoods
Findings suggest that consuming mangos, honey and spices could bring important health benefits
Trying Not to Overeat? How You Eat Matters
Study finds people who eat more tend to take larger bites or eat faster
Cutting Food Waste Alone Won’t Solve World’s Nutritional Needs
To feed the growing population, researchers urge attention to essential vitamins and minerals
Most Americans Are Not Getting Enough Fiber in Our Diets
Just 7% of adults meet fiber recommendations, raising risk of chronic diseases
The Latest Science on Staying Healthy During Pregnancy
New research examines prenatal supplements, how eating patterns affect sleep, physical activity while pregnant and more
Questions? Contact our media liaison: