Abstract Submission is Now Open!
The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) welcomes the presentation of original research at NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE. Over 1,300 abstracts were presented at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE!
“The sessions were informative and I liked the variety in presentation – oral, poster, on-demand video and small discussion groups…”Rie Sadohara, PhDStudent, Michigan State University
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
• Share Your Research with the greatest minds in nutrition science
• Publish your work in an ASN Journal
• Become eligible for abstract-based Award Competitions and Awards
• Network with peers in academia, industry, and government
ASN welcomes the submission of original research in the form of abstracts for presentation at NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE.
Abstracts can include:
|New research||Unpublished, original research and/or secondary analysis of data|
|Methods||Newly established or characterized methods, or evaluations of existing methods|
|Protocols||Descriptions of proposed studies, or recruitment and process results of newly started studies|
|Case study vignette||A clinical vignette or case report is a means of disseminating new knowledge gained from clinical practice|
At NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE, abstract presentations offer attendees the ideal opportunity to present their own research and learn more about their peers’ science.
Abstracts will be presented in two ways:
Virtual oral presentations will feature outstanding research representing the abstract topical areas. Oral sessions will be programmed to include abstracts organized around a common theme. Virtual oral presentations will include the abstract text and the opportunity for presenting authors to discuss their work with attendees through questions and answers. Presenting authors will deliver oral presentations using Power Point slides and audio recorded to accompany each slide.
Virtual poster presentations throughout the meeting. Poster presentations offer attendees the ideal opportunity to present their own research. Virtual poster presentations will include the abstract text and the opportunity for presenting authors to discuss their work with attendees through online questions and answers. ePosters (PDF) can be uploaded and audio recorded to enhance each poster presentation.
Presenting authors can opt to have their abstract considered for oral presentation, however, selection is not guaranteed. Accepted abstracts not selected for oral presentation will be programmed as virtual poster presentations.
ABSTRACT KEY DATES
|November 2021||Abstract Submission Opens|
|February 14, 2022, 11:59 PM EST||Abstract Submission Deadline*|
|March 14, 2022||Abstract Acceptance Notifications Sent|
|April 11, 2022||Abstract Programming Assignments Sent|
ABSTRACT TOPICAL AREAS
NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE abstract presentations will include the following topical areas:
- Aging and Chronic Disease
- Carotenoids and Retinoids
- Climate/Environment, Agriculture and Food Supply
- Community and Public Health Nutrition
- COVID-19 and Nutrition
- Diet and Cancer
- Dietary Bioactive Components
- Dietary Patterns
- Eating Frequency and Chrononutrition
- Education and Teaching
- Energy and Macronutrient Metabolism
- Experimental Animal Nutrition
- Food Choice, Markets and Policy
- Food Science and Nutrition (includes food composition, formulation and processing)
- Global Nutrition
- Maternal, Perinatal and Pediatric Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition/Case Study Vignettes
- Neuroscience/Nutrition and the Brain
- Nutrition Education and Behavioral Science
- Nutrition Translation and Communications
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Nutritional Immunology and Inflammation/Immunometabolism
- Nutritional Microbiology/Microbiome
- Policies and Regulations
- Precision Nutrition/Nutrient-Gene Interactions
- Sports Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Vitamins and Minerals
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
Click here to access the NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE Abstract Submission website and submit your abstract.
Click here for more information about abstract submission, guidelines, and instructions.
Click here for a PDF of the abstract submission guidelines and instructions.
Award Competitions and Abstract Recognition Awards for Students and Early Career Investigators
Earn honors to boost your CV and compete for cash prizes by submitting your research to NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE!
Award competitions will be held and abstract recognition awards will be given to recognize outstanding abstracts at NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE. These programs include:
- Clinical Emerging Leaders Award Competition
- DJPJ Trainee Achievement Awards
- Early Career Research Award Competition
- Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Abstract Recognition Awards
- George Bray Obesity Research Student Awards
- Global Nutrition Early Career Scholar Award
- Graduate Student Research Award Competition
- Nutrition Translation Award Competition for Early Career Investigators
- Postdoctoral Research Award Competition
- Robert Suskind and Leslie Lewinter-Suskind Pediatric Nutrition Student Awards
- Student Interest Group (SIG) Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
- Young Minority Investigator Oral Competition
Click here for information about the NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE abstract-based award competitions and abstract recognition awards, eligibility details, and processes for award competitions for these programs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Michelle Crispino, Director of Knowledge Initiatives