Tuesday, March 2, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the definition of medical foods, their role in nutrition therapy, and how they are different from foods for special dietary uses (FSDU).
- Identify research gaps and other opportunities to get involved in the scientific and regulatory aspects of medical foods.
- Learn where to find the HNC-ASN Medical Foods Workshop objectives, outcomes, and proceedings.
- Jessica O’Connell, Covington & Burling LLP: A 101 on medical foods
- Patrick Stover, PhD, Texas A&M University: Research considerations for medical foods
- Barbara Schneeman, PhD, University of California, Davis: Themes from the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee
- Tim Morck, PhD, Spectrum Nutrition LLC: Proposed next steps
This webinar is being conducted in partnership with the American Society for Nutrition and funded by the Healthcare Nutrition Council.
Continuing Professional Education
ASN designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 CPEUs. Dietitians and dietetic technicians registered should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ASN (Provider #NS010) is accredited and approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs for Registered Dietitians.
If you are seeking Continuing Professional Education credit and have feedback about this activity, please send comments to QualityCPE@eatright.org.
CPE Level 2
Performance Indicators/Learning Objectives
8.1.4 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout the life span and their role in health promotion and disease management.
8.3.1 Maintains the knowledge and skill to manage a variety of disease states and clinical conditions.
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinars and Teleseminars
Activity Number: 161402
Activity Type: Recorded pre-approved CPE Activity: 175 Lectures/Webinars
Activity Number: 161662