ASN Foundation Announces Inaugural Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship
The ASN Foundation in partnership with Herbalife Nutrition is pleased to announce the launch of the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship program.
Beginning in 2019, the ASN Foundation will award a $5,000 scholarship to support the research and/or clinical training of a promising student seeking an advanced degree in nutrition or related field. The scholarship is directed to Registered Dietitians (RD) or those intending to become an RD. In addition, applicants must:
- Be an ASN member residing in the United States;
- Be accepted/enrolled in a post-baccalaureate MS, MPH, PhD, ScD, DCN, DrPH or clinical health science graduate program; and
- Have demonstrated an interest in sports nutrition, cardiovascular nutrition, aging, dietary bioactive components, microbiome, vitamins and minerals, wellness nutrition, weight management, behavioral health nutrition, nutrition education for the public and/or public health/community nutrition.
The award will be presented at Nutrition 2019, ASN’s annual scientific sessions, being held June 8-11, 2019 in Baltimore, MD. The scholarship recipient will receive a complimentary registration to the meeting, as well as an all-expense paid trip to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA at a later date.
An ASN member established investigator or clinical educator must support the applicant’s application. This sponsor must reside in the United States. By supporting an application, the ASN member sponsor provides verification that the applicant is an exceptional student who should be considered for this ASN scholarship.
The applicant must also have a faculty advisor at his or her institution who is providing academic advising and support. The sponsor and faculty advisor can be the same person.
The sponsor or faculty advisor will participate in an all-expense paid trip to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA at a mutually agreeable date within six months of receiving the award.
Conditions of the Scholarship
Those who accept the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship must submit a final report, write a blog post on their experience, and participate in a visit to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters (Los Angeles, CA) at a mutually agreeable date within six months of receiving the award.
Required Information for Application
- Personal statement of educational and career objectives (no more than 3,500 characters; must be related to the Science and/or Clinical Focus designated for the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship)
- Faculty advisor (full name and contact information)
- ASN member sponsor (full name and contact information)
- Letter of recommendation from graduate school advisor or other faculty member from applicant’s graduate program
- Current transcript
Click here to download a PDF detailing Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship Eligibility and Guidelines.
Applications must be submitted via the ASN Foundation Scholarship Portal. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2019.