The ASN Foundation in partnership with Herbalife Nutrition is pleased to announce the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship program.
The American Society for Nutrition Foundation in partnership with Herbalife Nutrition is pleased to continue the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship program which began in 2019. The ASN Foundation will award a $5,000 scholarship to support the research and/or clinical training of a promising student seeking an advanced degree in nutrition or related field. The scholarship is directed to Registered Dietitians (RD) or those intending to become an RD.
The award will be presented at Nutrition 2020, ASN’s annual scientific sessions being held May 30-June 2, 2020 in Seattle, WA. The scholarship recipient will receive a complimentary registration to the meeting, as well as an all-expense paid trip to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA at a later date.
Click here to download a PDF detailing Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship Eligibility and Guidelines.
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2020.
- Be an ASN member residing in the United States
- Be accepted/enrolled in a post-baccalaureate MS, MPH, PhD, ScD, DrPH or clinical health science graduate program
- Have demonstrated an interest in sports nutrition, cardiovascular nutrition, aging, dietary bioactive components, microbiome, vitamins and minerals, wellness nutrition, weight management, behavioral health nutrition, nutrition education for the public and/or public health/community nutrition
- Receive counsel and direction from a sponsor identified by the applicant who is an ASN member investigator or clinical educator
An ASN member established investigator or clinical educator must support the applicant’s application. This sponsor must reside in the United States. By supporting an application, the ASN member sponsor provides verification that the applicant is an exceptional student who should be considered for this ASN scholarship.
The applicant must also have a faculty advisor at his or her institution who is providing academic advising and support. The sponsor and faculty advisor can be the same person.
The sponsor or faculty advisor will participate in an all-expense paid trip to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA at a mutually agreeable date within six months of receiving the award.
Conditions of the Scholarship
Those who accept the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship must submit a final report, write a blog post on their experience, and participate in a visit to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters (Los Angeles, CA) at a mutually agreeable date within six months of receiving the award.
Application Guidelines and Instructions
All applications must be submitted via the ASN Foundation Application Portal. The following information will be required during the application process.
- Applicant information
- Contact information
- ASN membership status
- Faculty advisor contact information
- ASN member sponsor contact information
- Application information
- Semester in which the applicant did/will you begin a post-baccalaureate MS, PhD, ScD, DrPH, DCN or other clinical health science graduate program
- Year in which the applicant did/will you begin a post-baccalaureate MS, PhD, ScD, DrPH, DCN or other clinical health science graduate program
- Area of study
- Indication if the applicant is or is not currently a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or enrolled in an ACEND® accredited program1 to become a RDN
- Current cumulative GPA
- Personal statement of applicant’s educational and career objectives (no more than 3,500 characters without spaces; must be related to the Science and/or Clinical Focus designated for the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship)
- Required uploads (in PDF format)
- Letter of recommendation from graduate school advisor or other faculty member from applicant’s graduate program
- Current transcript
1 ACEND® accredited programs for RDN include: Future Education Model Graduate Programs (FG), Coordinated Programs in Dietetics (CP), Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPD) and Dietetic Internships (DI).