ASN Foundation Announces Inaugural Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship
The ASN Foundation in partnership with Herbalife Nutrition is pleased to announce the launch of the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship program.
Beginning in 2019, the ASN Foundation will award a $5,000 scholarship to support the research and/or clinical training of a promising student seeking an advanced degree in nutrition or related field. The scholarship is directed to Registered Dietitians (RD) or those intending to become an RD. In addition, applicants must:
- Be an ASN member residing in the United States;
- Be accepted/enrolled in a post-baccalaureate MS, MPH, PhD, ScD, DCN, DrPH or clinical health science graduate program; and
- Have demonstrated an interest in sports nutrition, cardiovascular nutrition, aging, dietary bioactive components, microbiome, vitamins and minerals, wellness nutrition, weight management, behavioral health nutrition, nutrition education for the public and/or public health/community nutrition.
Applicants must receive counsel and direction from a sponsor who is an ASN member investigator or clinical educator.
The award will be presented at Nutrition 2019, ASN’s annual scientific sessions being held June 8-11, 2019 in Baltimore, MD. The scholarship recipient will receive a complimentary registration to the meeting, as well as an all-expense paid trip to Herbalife Nutrition’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA at a later date.
Required Information for Application:
- Personal statement of educational and career objectives (no more than 3,500 characters; must be related to the Science and/or Clinical Focus designated for the Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship)
- Faculty advisor (full name and contact information)
- ASN member sponsor (full name and contact information)
- Letter of recommendation from graduate school advisor or other faculty member from applicant’s graduate program
- Current transcript
Click here to download a PDF detailing Herbalife Nutrition Scholarship Eligibility and Guidelines.
Applications must be submitted via the ASN Foundation Scholarship Portal. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2019.