The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) welcomes the submission of original research in the form of abstracts for presentation at Nutrition 2020, which will be held in Seattle, Washington May 30 – June 2, 2020.
Accepted abstracts will be programmed into oral sessions, poster theater flash sessions and poster sessions at Nutrition 2020 and published in Current Developments in Nutrition, ASN’s open access journal. Presenting authors are expected to attend the meeting and participate in their assigned session.
Nutrition 2019 was a very resourceful platform for early career investigators. It provided an opportunity to present my research, network with senior scientists and plan next steps for a career in nutrition science.Arashdeep Singh, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Florida
Key Dates for Abstract Submission:
- Abstract submission opens: October 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: January 31, 2020
- Abstract acceptance notifications sent: March 1, 2020
- Abstract programming assignments sent: March 23, 2020
New this year!
Under the recommendation of ASN’s Research Interest Section (RIS) chairs and based on attendee feedback, the following refinements have been made:
- Easier submission process by having authors submit their work to broad topical areas.
- Selection of a narrow abstract category, which was mandatory in previous years, will not be required for Nutrition 2020
- New ways to help the RIS and Council chairs identify abstracts with related content to facilitate programming of innovative and cross-disciplinary sessions.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in Current Developments in Nutrition, ASN’s open access journal, but abstracts will not be indexed in PubMed this year.
- Click here to learn about additional new features this year!