The inaugural Young Career Editor will help shape and define this new position to promote and expand journal content to target audiences, from technical experts to the general public. Ultimately, this person will help The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) broaden its public voice, continuing its tradition of innovation and excellence in science publishing.
- Be a junior faculty/early career professional (within 5 years of terminal degree)
- Have experience in nutrition research and publishing
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate experience in science communications
- Have experience writing for social media channels, (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Have a passion for communicating nutrition science and an ability to innovate and think creatively
- The ability to craft and create visual media is a plus
The Dennis Bier, MD Young Career Editor position was established through generous contributions from Ajinomoto Health & Nutrition North America, Inc., Pfizer Inc and individual ASN members.