APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
Access the ASN Science Policy Fellowship application form here
• Application form with statement of purpose related to career goals, interest in nutrition policy, and perceived benefits of participating in the ASN Science Policy Fellowship – not to exceed 500 word maximum
• Abbreviated CV
• Two (2) letters of reference – not to exceed 2 pages each – which should include:
- Relationship of author to applicant and length of relationship
- Candid and detailed assessment of applicant’s strengths, weaknesses, and abilities
- Evaluation or comparison of traits and accomplishments of applicant
• A letter of institutional support and commitment from the applicant’s department head or other appropriate supervisor – not to exceed 2 pages – in order to ensure:
- The proposed activities can reasonably be completed in the context of the applicant’s current training environment
- The supervisor is supportive of this extracurricular effort.
APPLICATION PACKET EVALUATION
Any incomplete or late application packets will not be reviewed.
An evaluation panel consisting of five ASN members, composed of Public Policy Committee members, the Past Chair of the Early Career Nutrition Interest Group, and the Past Chair of the Student Interest Group, will review and assess all completed components of the application packet.
Please note the strict word/ page limit on the statement of purpose, reference letters, and letter of support – documents that exceed the limit will not be accepted. Any incomplete or late application packets will not be reviewed or assessed by the evaluation panel.